The Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender is a tool used to increase the WiFi signal range of routers. This offers you a robust WiFi signal across the house and office. You may easily provide high internet speed coverage for all the dead spots areas by setting up your Netgear EX6120. Read this page in its entirety and heed all the instructions if you want to have the correct and complete knowledge about this Netgear extender equipment.
Benefits Of The Netgear EX6120 Extender
- You may quickly complete the Netgear EX6120 setup procedure by pushing its WPS button.
- It is compatible with dual frequency bands that offer up to 1200Mbps of speed.
- Quickly join as many WiFi-enabled devices as possible to the Netgear extender network.
- Utilize this equipment to quickly remove all the dead spots from your home and office.
Get To The Extender’s Web Management Page
- First, insert the power connector for the Netgear extender device into the outlet.
- After that, watch the LED indicator for a few minutes.
- Take the WiFi device and join the Netgear WiFi range extender network at this point.
- Next, open Chrome or the navigator and type mywifiext.net into the address box.
- Later, complete all of the login information that is displayed on your display page. information like the username and password.
- Check the handbook that comes with the Netgear repeater device if you don’t know the login information.
- To complete the Netgear extender login process, tap the login button.
Configure Your Netgear EX6120 WiFi Range Extender
The Netgear extender can be configured in two different ways.
Through WPS Method
- First, insert the power connector for the Netgear extender into the available electrical power socket.
- Check to see whether your extender equipment has to be placed closer to the router device after that.
- Push the WPS button on the current router now.
- Push the Netgear EX6120 extender’s WiFi-protected setup button as soon as possible.
- Finally, join the Netgear extender network using a PC, smartphone, computer, laptop, etc.
Do Extender’s Configuration By Web UI
You will need a few necessary items before beginning this method process; without these, you cannot complete this method process.
- First, you’ll need a Netgear extender and your login information.
- Additionally, there is a need for WiFi-capable gadgets like laptops, PCs, cell phones, etc.
- Pull out an Ethernet cable for the connection.
Let’s move on to the configuring procedure now.
- Connect the computer to the Netgear WiFi range extender network first.
- Now, launch your computer’s web browser and input the mywifiext.net web portal into the address box.
- The mandatory field with the default login and password.
- After following the display instructions, you will need to take some simple actions.
- Select the WiFi network from the list that you wish to extend the network range for.
- Finally, a notification stating that the Netgear Extender has been installed will blink up on your display.
The Netgear extender configuration process is now completed thanks to the web portal mywifiext.net setup.
Causes For Your Netgear Extender Problems
- Although the repeater and router are connected correctly, the internet is not.
- On both devices, the Netgear extender LEDs are not reliable.
- The repeater and router’s WiFi-protected setup buttons are not functioning properly.
- The connection is broken as a result of the damaged Ethernet cable.
- Additionally, the default web interface for Netgear extenders cannot be opened.
Consider the solutions below to resolve all the aforementioned typical problems.
Change The Broken Ethernet Cable
We advise removing all of the damaged Ethernet cables and replacing them with fresh wires. You may quickly fix the Netgear extender issue by doing this.
Improve The Extender’s Firmware
- You must first navigate to the Netgear Extender web control page.
- Then select the firmware upgrade option after finding an administrator option.
- Install the most recent version of the program file on your computer if you see any.
- You must restart the Netgear extender when this procedure is finished.
Do Reset Your Extender
The reset hole button is located on the right side of the Netgear repeater equipment. Use a paperclip to press that button for 8 to 10 seconds. All of the LEDs on the Netgear EX6120 extender have now been turned off. As stated, your device has now been totally reset.
Note: Your gadget has to be reconfigured after being reset.
As a scenario, if you have a Netgear extender with a different model number, like EX7000, and you require configuration information for that device, all you have to do is visit the Netgear EX7000 setup page and pay attention to all the page has to say.