While you are working or busy in any meetings, and you don’t want any disturbance without switching off your iPhone, then enabling silent mode is the only way that lets you finish your work without any hindrance.
Thankfully, Apple has a physical ring or Silent switch button located at the left side of your iPhone that enables you to quickly switch between physical ringing and silent modes.
Enabling silent mode on your iPhone prevents you from hearing ringtones, alarms, notifications or any other alerts enabled on your phone.
If you wish to know how to turn off silent mode on your iphone, then be with us. We will walk you through all the ways to do so.
How to Turn Off Silent Mode on iPhone, Using the Physical Buttons
On the left edge of your iPhone, you will find a small switch that you can toggle to switch between ring and silent mode. To enable Silent Mode toggle the button and it will show you the orange color behind the switch. It means your iPhone is in silent mode and you will not hear any ringtones or notifications.
If you want to disable it, toggle the button so that the orange color will hide and you are now in physical ringing mode.
How to Turn Off Silent Mode on iPhone, Using the Settings
There are other options to do so, if you can not enable/ disable your iPhone silent mode, using the physical switch, you can do it by navigating to the Settings of your iPhone.
Here is how
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone and tap on “Accessibility”.
- Tap on the “Touch” button under the “Physical and Motor” section
- Now tap on the “Assistive” Touch in the “Touch” menu.
- Toggle the “Assistive Touch” to green to enable Silent mode on your iPhone
- After that, click on the small gray circle off to the right side of the screen
- A gray box will be displayed with the options, choose “Device”.
- Here, you can tap on the “Mute/ unmute” button to turn on/off iphone silent mode.
- To turn on Silent Mode tap on “Mute” and to turn off silent mode tap on “Unmute”
It will work when the physical switch is broken or out of order.
Additional Way to Enable / Disable Silent Mode on iPhone
The recently released iPhone’s Back Tap feature that supports two gestures “Double Tap” and “Triple Tap” is there to help you in enabling or disabling silent mode on your iPhone. Here is how
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone
- Navigate to “Accessibility”.
- From here tap on the “Touch” button
- Then click on “Back Tap”.
- Here select “Double Tap” or “Triple Tap”
- Pick the “Mute” button.
Using this method you can flip between Ring and Silent mode by just performing a double tap/ triple tap depending on how you have set it initially on the back of your iPhone.
Turn off Silent Mode on iPhone by using DND
To turn off Silent Mode on an iPhone via Do Not Disturb, follow these steps. Firstly, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center. Then, ensure the moon-shaped Do Not Disturb icon is not highlighted. If it is, tap the icon to disable it. Additionally, you can also go to the Settings app and select “Do Not Disturb.” Here, toggle off the switch next to “Manual.” This will ensure that Do Not Disturb is not activated, thus disabling Silent Mode. Once these steps are completed, your iPhone will no longer be in silent mode and you will receive notifications and calls as usual.
These are some working ways to turn off silent mode on an iPhone that can be performed easily.To get more details about it, you must visit the site Techzeel once.
Also Recommended – https://zaapedia.com/